TR2-4A 5-Speed Conversion by Vitesse
Amp up your driving experience with the 5-Speed Conversion kit by Vitesse! Built on the superb, tried and tested Mazda MX-5 gearbox, this conversion kit for all Triumphs 1952-67 TR2-4As offers a slick gear change and a relaxed cruising 5th gear. Comprising the highest quality parts, each kit comes with a fully assembled gearbox with a bespoke cast bell housing and casing built to fit directly to the Triumph's engine back plate. The bell housing flange has been designed to resemble the standard gearbox, preserving engine bay originality. The all-alloy casing of TR2/TR4A gearbox conversion kit means significant weight savings can be achieved.
Installation is fairly simple. With complete instructions, proper tools and some competency in mechanics, you should be able to fit a Vitesse gearbox specifically adapted for your Triumph. Order your kit and give your classic car the perfect cruising upgrade with a brand new Mazda MX-5 gearbox.
- Fits exactly in place of your existing gearbox
- Improves feel and power delivery
- Reduces weight
- Comes fully assembled
- Gear ratios suit perfectly
- Easily fitted by anyone who could fit a standard Triumph gearbox
- No drilling or cutting of your classic Triumph
- Full fitting instructions provided
- Period correct gear knob
- Electro-coated parts
- NEW Mazda MX-5 5 Speed Transmission:
- Vitesse Gearbox Case
- Vitesse Bellhousing
- Vitesse Machined Billet Front Plate
- Modified rear case with Mazda mechanical Speedo Drive Assembly
- Mazda MX-5 OE Clutch Friction Plate
- Bespoke Shift Lever and Shift Knob kept in original position
- Concentric Slave Cylinder Assembly
- Braided Clutch Pipe and remote Bleed Pipe for easy bleeding
- Prop Shaft
- Spigot Bush with Mazda OE needle roller bearing assembly
- Speedo Drive Cable
- Gearbox Rear Mount Bracket Assembly and Isolator
- Complete UNF fixings kit
- Clutch Alignment Tool
Note: The gearboxes are not prefilled and will require 2.1 quarts of SAE 75W-90 oil.
The Longest in the Business
- All Classic British products are warrantied to be free from defects in material and workmanship for 2 years from the date of invoice.
- All superchargers, supercharger components, and supercharger hardware are warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship for 1 year from date of invoice.
- Moss Motors, Ltd. will, at its discretion, repair or replace any part that fails in service within the warranty period. This warranty does not cover labor, failure of related components, normal wear of brake or clutch components or failure resulting from alteration, misuse, accidental damage, faulty installation, or faulty repair.
- Warranty requests should be submitted to our sales department and must be supported by the original Moss Motors purchase invoice and documentation of the failure.