Set of 4 Wire Wheels, Chrome, 15"x5.5", 70 Spoke, Centerlaced, Tubeless Type, TR250 Heavy Duty, TR6 Upgrade
Most British cars were originally fitted with painted wire wheels. Chrome wheels were a popular option, but the stove-enameled look may be what you want to set your car apart on the show field. Painted wire wheels were used on all competition cars, and they can add a more correct, purposeful look for vintage race cars and other high-performance machines.
MWS Dunlop style painted wire wheels have a very high corrosion resistance. Before being painted, they are primer-coated using Cathodic Electrophoretic Technology, popularly known as &electro or &e-coat. The silver-grey paint topcoat combines with the primer to give the wheel a salt-spray resistance of 840 hours when tested per ASTM standards. Painted wheels have a one year cosmetic and two year structural warranty.
Each MWS Dunlop style chrome wire wheel has a rim and shell which are polished in special-purpose machines, then hand-polished by skilled craftsmen. To enhance the corrosion resistance, microporous nickel plating is done prior to chrome-plating. The product conforms to the stringent International Standards ISO 1456-1988 specifications. The spokes and nipples are chrome-plated stainless steel for brightness and long life. Chrome wheels have a two year cosmetic and three year structural warranty.
All wire wheel nipples are silicone sealed at the rim to keep water out, a common complaint on lesser quality wheels.
Wire wheels require special balancing procedures.
- 15" x 5.5" wheels are the recommended size for MGC replacement wheels. The OEM spec wheel is no longer available for MGC.
The Longest in the Business
- All Classic British products are warrantied to be free from defects in material and workmanship for 2 years from the date of invoice.
- All superchargers, supercharger components, and supercharger hardware are warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship for 1 year from date of invoice.
- Moss Motors, Ltd. will, at its discretion, repair or replace any part that fails in service within the warranty period. This warranty does not cover labor, failure of related components, normal wear of brake or clutch components or failure resulting from alteration, misuse, accidental damage, faulty installation, or faulty repair.
- Warranty requests should be submitted to our sales department and must be supported by the original Moss Motors purchase invoice and documentation of the failure.