Library | British Leyland, The Cars 1968-1986
In 1968, British Leyland brought together most of Britain's motor manufacturers, with the intention of creating a robust unified group. But this was not to be. While there have been many books about the politics and the business activities of British Leyland, this book deliberately looks at the multitude of cars that came from the company specifically from 1968 to 1986 when the old British Leyland ceased to exist. What was left of the car and light commercial business was then renamed the Rover Group. British Leyland, The Cars 1968-1986 by James Taylor expertly covers the production histories and technical specifications of every major model, offers insightful information on special overseas models; appendices on engines, code names and factories, and also provides guidance on buying these classic cars! Worth adding to your library.
- Title: British Leyland, The Cars 1968-1986
- Author: James Taylor
- No. of pages: 192
- Binding: Hardback
- Publisher: The Crowood Press UK
After spending 12 years working in central government, the lure of writing about cars proved too great for James Taylor and he decided to turn it into a career. With well over 100 books to his credit, he has written for enthusiast magazines, has translated books from foreign languages, and even delivered effective writing training in both the public and private sectors. He was the editor of Land Rover Enthusiast magazine, and co-organized the "15 Years of Rover V8" event at Donington in 1982.
The Longest in the Business
- All Classic British products are warrantied to be free from defects in material and workmanship for 2 years from the date of invoice.
- All superchargers, supercharger components, and supercharger hardware are warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship for 1 year from date of invoice.
- Moss Motors, Ltd. will, at its discretion, repair or replace any part that fails in service within the warranty period. This warranty does not cover labor, failure of related components, normal wear of brake or clutch components or failure resulting from alteration, misuse, accidental damage, faulty installation, or faulty repair.
- Warranty requests should be submitted to our sales department and must be supported by the original Moss Motors purchase invoice and documentation of the failure.