BRAKE PAD SET, semi-metallic
The Best Value - Priced Right.
- Superior modern construction with stout backing plate
- Shorter stopping distances
- Less Dusting than organic pads
- Asbestos free composition
Classic Gold products are developed to make your automotive repair and restoration possible. Each part is engineered to be as close to the original look, fit, finish and functionality of your original equipment (OE) parts, at an affordable price. These parts are designed to directly replace some of those hard to find OE or renowned aftermarket brand parts that are either no longer available or now inadequate in terms of fit and quality.
These Classic Gold brake pads are modernized and improved versions of the originals. There are two primary updates: First, the contemporary friction materials (either the semi-metallic or premium ceramic compounds) offer excellent stopping power and less fade. Second, they employ a beefy 5mm backing plate for added rigidity - just like all modern brake pads. Original pads used a paper-thin backer that frequently separated from the pad material - especially if you grabbed it with a pair of pliers. Because that won't happen with these Classic Gold pads, we could provide two strong tabs to facilitate installation and removal - hence the slightly different appearance. One installation tip: ensure the brake pistons are fully retracted before inserting the new brake pads.
For easier installation, we widened the groove in the back of the pad and eliminated the often-difficult connection between the pad and the "button" on original cylinder pistons. Classic Gold pads simply slide in, and the larger slot accommodates the button on the piston. The only difference is that it doesn't slide "under" the button. This interface served no purpose as the pads are constrained by the caliper "housing" and the pad retaining plate.
|Jaguar Early Sedans||Brake Components||Rear Brake Calipers, Mk IX||8||BRAKE PAD SET||Mk IX||1|
|Jaguar Early Sedans||Brake Components||Front Brake Calipers, Mk I With Disc Brakes, Mk II||11||BRAKE PAD SET||Mk I with Square Pads, Mk II||1|
|Jaguar Early Sedans||Brake Components||Rear Brake Calipers, Mk I With Disc Brakes, Mk II||10||BRAKE PAD SET||Mk I with Square Pads, Mk II||1|
|Jaguar Early Sedans||Brake Components, Brake Master Cylinder & Hydraulics||Brakes, Mk X 3.8||BRAKE PAD SET||Mk X 3.8 to 350972||1|
|Jaguar Early Sedans||Brake Components, Brake Master Cylinder & Hydraulics||Brakes, Mk X 3.8||BRAKE PAD SET||Mk X 3.8||1|
|Jaguar XK120, 140, 150||Brake Components||Front Brake, XK150||21||BRAKE PAD SET||XK150, square pads||1|
|Jaguar XK120, 140, 150||Brake Components||Rear Brakes, XK150||20||BRAKE PAD SET||XK150, square pads||1|
|MGA||Brake Components, Brake Master Cylinder & Hydraulics||Brakes||3||PAD SET||Twin-Cam, MkII Deluxe||2|
|Jaguar E-Type||Brake Components||Front Brake Calipers - Ser. I||8||BRAKE PAD SET||E-Type Series I||1|
|Jaguar E-Type||Brake Components||Rear Brake Calipers - Ser. I||19||BRAKE PAD SET||E-Type Series I||1|
The Longest in the Business
- All Classic British products are warrantied to be free from defects in material and workmanship for 2 years from the date of invoice.
- All superchargers, supercharger components, and supercharger hardware are warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship for 1 year from date of invoice.
- Moss Motors, Ltd. will, at its discretion, repair or replace any part that fails in service within the warranty period. This warranty does not cover labor, failure of related components, normal wear of brake or clutch components or failure resulting from alteration, misuse, accidental damage, faulty installation, or faulty repair.
- Warranty requests should be submitted to our sales department and must be supported by the original Moss Motors purchase invoice and documentation of the failure.