MGA 5-Speed Conversion by Vitesse
Installation is fairly simple but requires the removal of existing gearbox mounts and the enlarging of the gearbox tunnel aperture. Please see instructions for details of modifications. This MGA 5-Speed Conversion by Vitesse is customized for all the MGAs including 1800 conversions. Choose your kit and offer the ultimate upgrade for your MGA, improving your driving experience without losing the sense of history and character you love so much.
- Fits exactly in place of your existing gearbox
- Improves feel and power delivery
- Reduces weight
- Comes fully assembled
- Gear ratios suit perfectly
- Easily fitted by anyone who could fit a standard MG gearbox
- No drilling or cutting of your classic MG
- Full fitting instructions provided
- Optional electronic speedometer
- Period correct gear knob
- Electro-coated parts
Each kit includes:
- NEW Mazda MX-5 5 speed transmission with:
- Vitesse gearbox case
- Vitesse bellhousing
- Vitesse machined billet front plate
- Modified rear case with Mazda mechanical Speedo drive assembly
- Mazda MX-5 OE clutch friction plate
- Bespoke shift lever and shift knob kept in original position
- Concentric slave cylinder assembly assembled with pipework
- Braided clutch pipe and remote bleed pipe for easy bleeding
- Bespoke Prop shaft
- Spigot bush with Mazda OE needle roller bearing assembly
- Speedo drive cable
- Gearbox rear mount bracket Assembly and Isolator
- Complete UNF fixings kit
- Clutch alignment tool
- Diaphragm spring clutch cover assembly in all MGA 1500 and 1600 kits
- Aluminum backplate in 1500 kits
- Clutch master cylinder in Twin Cam/Deluxe kits
- All parts & hardware for installation
- Mazda OE gear knob
- Custom gearbox mountings
Note: The gearboxes are not prefilled and will require 2.1 quarts of SAE 75W-90 oil.
The Longest in the Business
- All Classic British products are warrantied to be free from defects in material and workmanship for 2 years from the date of invoice.
- All superchargers, supercharger components, and supercharger hardware are warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship for 1 year from date of invoice.
- Moss Motors, Ltd. will, at its discretion, repair or replace any part that fails in service within the warranty period. This warranty does not cover labor, failure of related components, normal wear of brake or clutch components or failure resulting from alteration, misuse, accidental damage, faulty installation, or faulty repair.
- Warranty requests should be submitted to our sales department and must be supported by the original Moss Motors purchase invoice and documentation of the failure.